There is no denying that these are uncertain times. As a matter of fact, if you have been on this planet for any length of time, you probably have experienced several seasons of difficulty and uncertainty. The good news is times of difficulty and uncertainty are but for a season.
I know that when going through a season of difficulty, it often feels like it will last forever. But the truth is seasons of uncertainty and difficulty are only temporary.
In trying times, I turn to prayer and God’s words; The Bible for: Hope, Comfort and Reassurance. I meditate on the scriptures to keep and maintain the right perspective.
God is still in control; His words hold true and there is peace to be found in resting and trusting in his promises.
During times of crises, it is also very easy to allow ourselves to be filled with fear, anxiety, worry and to also give in to panic.
Wisdom demands that we take all necessary precautions during times of uncertainty. However, giving in to fear or operating out of a place of panic will only worsen matters.
I have a track record with God. He has been faithful in previous seasons of difficulty, and I can trust and believe in his promises as a result.
Below are a few of the scriptures I turn to in difficult seasons of life. I hope you find Hope, Comfort, Peace and Reassurance as you read them.
- The Lord will keep you from every kind of harm. He will watch over your life. Psalm 121: 7
- Say to the righteous that it shall be well with them. Isaiah 3:10
- For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. 2 Corinthians 4:17a
- For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
- When you pass through the waters, I’ll be with you; and through the rivers, they won’t sweep over you. When you walk through fire you won’t be scorched, and the flame won’t set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2
- I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.] John 16:33
- Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. Proverbs 3:5
- … strong in the Lord [draw your strength from Him and be empowered through your union with Him] and in the power of His might. Eph 6:10
- My help comes from the Lord. He is the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121: 2
- God is our refuge and strength, a great help in times of distress.2 Therefore we will not be frightened when the earth roars, when the mountains shake in the depths of the seas,3 when its waters roar and rage,when the mountains tremble despite their pride. Psalm 46:1-3
- So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- For it is He who delivers you ….from the deadly pestilence. Psalm 91:3
- Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—the Most High, who is my refuge[b]—
10 …. no plague shall come near your tent. Psalm 93:9
- You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3
- For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7 AMPC